How it works
Search by ISBN, Title, or Keyword.
- Rent for as long as you need (grab insurance and save!).
- Receive your books.
- Return your books. We’ll pay shipping AND we’ll send you the return envelope!
- Search by ISBN. It’s the number that starts with “978” and is like the book’s fingerprint. Search by ISBN and you’ll get the right book, in the right edition, every time.
- Rent like it’s your job. If you only need a rental for a few weeks, we do that. If you need to keep your books longer—another week, month, or term—we do that too. Details below!
- Rent ALL your books. Seriously. If you decide you want to buy them later, we’ll just charge you the difference and you keep the book. There’s zero risk. Details below!
- Bake us cookies. No one knows why, but this makes you way happier. It’s the truth. It’s science.
First things first: every rental with CampusBookRentals.com comes with a complimentary, free, built-in 15 day grace period
. From final exams to food poisoning, we know your life’s hectic. Renting your textbooks shouldn’t have to be. So: you have a Rental Return Deadline, and if you can get your books back to us within two weeks of the deadline, we won’t charge you a dime.
Next things next: we rent textbooks for Semester (130 days)
, Quarter (85 days)
, or Summer (55 days)
periods. Each rental period begins on the day we deliver your books, and you must postmark your books by the last day of your rental period (unless you need to use that 15 day grace period
Finally: if you want to rent your book for an additional 15
days, we make Rental Extensions
easy. Log in to your account, choose your extension length, checkout, and we’ll give you a new Rental Return Deadline. (If you have trouble, just Contact us!)
If you’re retaking your class or want to Re-Rent
your books for any reason, we’ll give you a discount! Log in to your account, click “Re-Rent,” checkout, and we’ll give you a new Rental Return Deadline. (If you have trouble, just Contact us!)
If you just love your book and want to Buy
it, awesome. We’ll count the money you’ve already paid us towards the purchase price, which means you just need to pay any difference between the purchase and the rental price. Log in to your account, click “Buy and Keep my Books,” check out, and the books are yours forever.
Receiving and Returning your Books
Getting your Books:
After placing your order, please allow 24-48 hours for processing (excluding weekends and major holidays). Your books will be shipped from either the CampusBookRentals.com warehouse or the warehouse of one of our suppliers. Books may arrive in one or separate packages, and may or may not bear the markings of CampusBookRentals.com, depending on availability from our direct warehouse. After the processing period, please allow 7-14 business days for standard shipping, and 5-8 business days for expedited shipping. If your book has not arrived by the expected arrival date, contact us immediately. Our Customer Support team is really really
good at what they do.
Returning your Books:
You focus on getting a great education; we’ll take care of textbook returns.
After you receive your books, we’ll send you a FREE, PRE-PAID, PRE-ADDRESSED ENVELOPE. When it’s time to return your books, just stuff them in the envelope, then drop off the envelope at the nearest U.S. Postal Service blue mailbox or Post Office.
For your peace of mind (and ours!) each rental return envelope also has its own unique tracking number, so we can tell exactly where your books are at any time. When your books get to our warehouse, we’ll update your account and send you a confirmation email. Easy, right?