A Practical Guide to Leadership Development | 1st Edition
Skills for Nurse Managers
AUTHOR: Coonan, Patrick R.
Also available at Amazon.com
This resource outlines the most definitive principles of leadership development, taking nurse managers from standard supervisors to inspiring leaders.
A Practical Guide to Leadership Development uses practical examples to highlight important leadership competencies as a way to help healthcare leaders meet the challenges of today's healthcare systems. The competencies were developed with input from top professional societies, including the American Organization of Nurse Executives. The book covers leadership competencies such as:
- Effective communication and relationship management
- Mentorship, coaching, and professional development
- Change management and project leadership
In an industry of increasing competition and clinical staffing issues, it's important to raise the standard of professional nursing development at your facility. Rely on A Practical Guide to Leadership Development to cultivate a healthy nursing environment, boost retention, and develop your future leaders.
Take a look at the table of contents:
Chapter 1: Leadership dimensions and processes
Chapter 2: Knowledge of the healthcare environment
Chapter 3: Competencies: Professionalism and business skills
Chapter 4: Systems thinking: Big thinking for local success
Chapter 5: Communication
Chapter 6: Building a positive work environment
Chapter 7: Professional development
Chapter 8: Change management and project leadership
Chapter 9: Retention strategies: Retaining the best, leaving the rest
Chapter 10: Succession planning
Who should buy this book?
A Practical Guide to Leadership Development: Skills for Nurse Managersis the perfect resource for nurse managers, CNOs, DONs, nurse educators, directors of education, and staff development specialists.Learning objectives
- Discuss strategies to improve competence in business skills
- Discuss strategies that create a healthy work environment
- Determine how organizational culture and climate affect leadership
- Identify ways to resolve performance problems
- Discuss the use of coaching to improve employee performance and development
- Examine the role leaders can play as change agents
- Determine factors that contribute to retention
- Discuss the benefits of establishing a leadership succession program
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied with your purchase, return it within 30 days and you will receive a prompt, polite, 100% refund--no questions asked.
PUBLICATION DATE: 9/26/2007
CATEGORY: Business & Economics, Medical