Adolescence and Emerging Adulthood | 5th Edition
A Cultural Approach
AUTHOR: Arnett, Jeffrey Jensen
PUBLISHER: Pearson Education
Also available at Amazon.com
Helps students understand how culture impacts development in adolescencenbsp;and emerging adulthood.nbsp;nbsp;
Grounded in a global cultural perspective (within and outside of the US), this text enriches the discussion with historical context and an interdisciplinary approach, including studies from fields such as anthropology and sociology, in addition to the compelling psychological research on adolescent development. This book also takes into accountnbsp;the period of "emerging adulthood" (ages 18-25), a term coined by the author, and an area of study for which Arnett is a leading expert.nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;
Arnett continues the fifth edition with new and updated studies, both U.S. and international. With Pearson's MyDevelopmentLabnbsp;Video Series and Powerpoints embedded with video, students can experience a true cross-cultural experience.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience-- for you and your students. Here's how:
- Personalize Learning - The new MyDevelopmentLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking - Students learn to think critically about the influence of culture on development with pedagogical features such as Culture Focus boxes and Historical Focus boxes.
- Engage Students - Arnett engages students with cross cultural research and examples throughout. MyVirtualTeen, an interactive simulation, allows students to apply the concepts they are learning to their own "virtual teen."
- Explore Research - "Research Focus" provides students with a firm grasp of various research methods and helps them see the impact that methods can have on research findings.
- Support Instructors - This program provides instructors with unbeatable resources, including video embedded PowerPoints andnbsp;the new MyDevelopmentLab that includes cross-cultural videos and MyVirtualTeen, an interactive simulation that allows you to raise a child from birth to age 18. An easy to use Instructor's Manual, a robust test bank, and an online test generator (MyTest) are also available. All of these materials may be packaged with the text upon request.
Note: MyDevelopmentLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyDevelopmentLab, please visit: www.mydevelopmentlab.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text + MyDevelopmentlab (at no additional cost): ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205911854/ ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205911851.
Click here for a short walkthrough video on MyVirtualTeen! http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL51B144F17A36FF25&feature=plcp
PUBLICATION DATE: 7/2/2012
CATEGORY: Family & Relationships, Psychology, Social Science