AUTHOR: Gumbiner, Jann
PUBLISHER: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
Grounded in a solid foundation of theory, scientific research, and ethics, Adolescent Assessment assists mental health professionals to conduct more thorough, informed assessments; reach more accurate diagnoses; and design more effective interventions.
Featuring practical information on healthy adolescent development, adolescent mental health issues, basic psychometrics, general assessment principles, and ethics, this compact resource also provides guidelines for selecting appropriate assessment instruments, developing effective reports, and preparing for courtroom testimony.
Adolescent Assessment also includes a summary of the following popular assessment instruments for teens:
- Achenbach System of Empirically Based Assessment (ASEBA)
- Beck Depression Inventory, Second Edition (BDI#65533;-II)
- Conner's Rating Scales, Revised (CRS-R)
- The Goodenough-Harris Drawing Test
- MacAndrew Alcoholism Scale, Revised (MAC-R)
- Millon Adolescent Clinical Inventory (MACI?)
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-Adolescent (MMPI-A?)
- Rotter Incomplete Sentences Blank (RISB#65533;)
- The Strong Interest Inventory (SII#65533;)
- The Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children, Third Edition (WISC-III#65533;)
- The Wide Range Achievement Test-3 (WRAT3?)
- The Woodcock-Johnson III Tests of Achievement (WJ III#65533; ACH)
- The Woodcock-Johnson III Tests of Cognitive Abilities (WJ III#65533; COG)
Adolescent Assessment is an essential reference for school and child psychologists, school counselors, and school social workers.
PUBLICATION DATE: 8/4/2003
CATEGORY: Psychology, Social Science