An Introduction to Student-Involved Assessment for Learning | 5th Edition
AUTHOR: Stiggins, Rick
PUBLISHER: Prentice Hall PTR
Also available at Amazon.com
This multiple award-winning book is the leading book for assessment courses that focus squarely on how to assess students in classrooms. Showing how to use assessment to accurately reflect student achievementANDhow to benefit–not merely grade–student learning, the book examines the full spectrum of assessment topics, from articulating targets, through developing quality assessments and communicating results effectively.
A Concise, Focused Presentation of Key Concepts and Skills
- Key concepts and skills are highlighted and presented with exceptional clarity, helping teachers identify what they really need to understand to effectively develop and use assessment in classrooms.
A Practical, Hands-On Approach
- A wealth of hands-on practice activities integrated throughout the book provide clear guidance on how to construct all types of assessments while explaining better than any other book what kinds of achievement each type can and cannot assess.
- Time and Energy Saversprovide specific procedural suggestions to help prospective teachers make the most efficient use of their time.
- Real-world case studies depicting classroom assessment dilemmas provide opportunities to apply chapter content to find solutions.
- Examples of unsound assessments give future teachers practice in improving assessments.
- Examples of high-quality assessments are provided for teachers to learn from.
PUBLICATION DATE: 7/3/2007