Applied Physics | 10th Edition
AUTHOR: Ewen, Dale and Schurter, Neill
PUBLISHER: Prentice Hall PTR
Also available at Amazon.com
APPLIED PHYSICS, 10/e is a highly successful textbook presenting clear, to-the-point topical coverage of basic physics applied to industrial and technical fields. A wealth of real-world applications motivate readers by teaching physics concepts in context.
- Detailed, well-illustrated examples support reader understanding of skills and concepts.
- Extensive problem sets assist reader learning by providing ample opportunity for practice.
- Physics Connections relate the text material to everyday life experiences.
- Applied Concepts problems foster critical thinking.
- Try This Activity involve demonstrations or mini-activities that can be performed by readers to experience a physics concept.
- Biographical sketches of important scientists connect ideas with real people.
Unique Problem-Solving Method
This textbook teaches readers to use a proven, effective problem-solving methodology.
- The consistent use of this special problem-solving method trains readers to make a sketch, identify the data elements, select the appropriate equation, solve for the unknown quantity, and substitute the data in the working equation. An icon that outlines the method is placed in the margin of most problem sets as a reminder to readers.
PUBLICATION DATE: 12/27/2010