Book Buddies | 2nd Edition
A Tutoring Framework for Struggling Readers
AUTHOR: Johnston, Francine R. and Invernizzi, Marcia
PUBLISHER: Guilford Publications
Also available at Amazon.com
This popular, practical resource provides guidelines for setting up a successful tutorial program in grades K-3 and presents a field-tested lesson format for individualized instruction. Clear explanations and examples demonstrate how to use the book's wealth of activities and exercises to assess students and build specific reading, writing, and spelling skills. Adding greatly to the second edition's utility is an enclosed 70-minute DVD depicting sample sessions with a beginning reader and a late beginning reader. Also included are a helpful glossary, a resource list, and more than two dozen reproducible tutoring tools.
New to This Edition:
- Now features a 70-minute DVD of tutoring sessions, plus supplemental material that helps viewers understand and master the techniques shown on the DVD
- Revised and expanded based on current research, the authors' ongoing experience in Book Buddies programs, and tutor feedback
- Recommendations for working with English language learners have been added throughout
- A chapter on transitional readers offers a tutoring plan for children reading at the first-grade level and beyond
- Many of the figures and lesson plans are new or revised.
PUBLICATION DATE: 8/25/2009
CATEGORY: Education, Language Arts & Disciplines