Breastfeeding | 7th Edition
A Guide for the Medical Professional
AUTHOR: Lawrence, Ruth A. and Lawrence, Robert M.
PUBLISHER: Elsevier - Health Sciences Division
Also available at Amazon.com
Breastfeeding is a comprehensive reference that provides basic science information as well as practical applications. Dr. Ruth Lawrence-a pioneer in the field of human lactation-covers the uses of certain drugs in lactating women, infectious diseases related to lactation, the latest Australian research on anatomy and physiology, and much more.in print and online.
- Provide thoughtful guidance to the breastfeeding mother according to her circumstances, problems, and lifestyle from integrated coverage of evidence-based data and practical experience.
- Make appropriate drug recommendations, including approved medications, over-the-counter medications, and herbal remedies.
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Treat conditions associated with breastfeeding-such as sore nipples, burning pain, or hives-using extensive evidence-based information.
- Apply the latest understanding of anatomy and physiology through coverage of recent Australian CT and MR studies of the breast and its function.
- Stay current on new research on infectious diseases germane to lactation and new antibiotics, antivirals, and immunizations available for use during lactation.
- Effectively manage the use of medications during lactation thanks to an updated discussion of this difficult subject.
The latest research on breastfeeding and evidence-based solutions for treating associated medical problems from the authority in the field, Dr. Ruth Lawrence
PUBLICATION DATE: 9/30/2010
CATEGORY: Health & Fitness