AUTHOR: Wahl, Iver
PUBLISHER: McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
Also available at Amazon.com
ELIMINATE COSTLY AND POTENTIALLY DISASTEROUS CONCEPUTAL ERRORS IN YOUR NEXT STRUCTURAL DESIGN
Make sure your next building project is free of the conceptual errors that can cause structural failure with McGraw Hill's Building Anatomy: An Illustrated Guide to How Structures Work.
Packed with a wealth of informative diagrams and illustrations, this essential volume drills deep into the concepts behind structural systems to give you a critical understanding of how they work. From potential loads, load combinations, and superstructure to lateral support systems, foundations, and site soil and geology, Building Anatomy can help you design structures that will stand the test of time.
Written in clear, easy-to-understand language by an award-winning architect and professor, Building Anatomy delivers easy access to critical information, to help you:
- Select structural systems based on the pros and cons of each system
- Size and arrange major structural components
- Identify concerns for each type of structural system
- Anticipate probable failure scenarios
- Explain each system's behavior under loads such as seismic and wind
- Understand construction issues encountered during fabrication and erection of each structure type
- And more!
With its critical information, comprehensive coverage, and indispensable illustrations, Building Anatomy delivers the nuts-and-bolts guidance you need to avoid conceptual mistakes during structural design. You can't afford to work without it!
PUBLICATION DATE: 12/7/2006
CATEGORY: Technology & Engineering