Calvert's Descriptive Phonetics Transcription Workbook | 3rd Edition
AUTHOR: Lynn, James M. and Garn-Nunn, Pamela G.
PUBLISHER: Thieme Medical Publishers, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
The key to phonetics mastery is constant listening and transcription
practice. Calvert's Descriptive Phonetics Transcription Workbook, now in a completely revised third edition,
provides a wealth of exercises for developing a strong foundation in phonetics.
Designed for use alone or with Calvert's Descriptive Phonetics text, this
state-of-the-art workbook is packed with narrow transcription practice, lessons
on basic consonant and vowel transcription, multiple opportunities to learn IPA
symbols, and a CD-ROM of the first ten chapters of exercises, allowing for
practice outside the classroom.
Special workbook features:
- Repeated transcription practice- the key to IPA proficiency!
- A new chapter on thinking in terms of phonemes rather than letters, a common mistake among students
- Additional transcription exercises in the chapters on vowel and dipthongs
- Discrimination practice that requires a higher level of listening skills and
IPA mastery, pushing students to reach their potential!
- An accompanying CD-ROM for instruction beyond the classroom
With chapters covering everything from standard linguistic habits, to spelling and dictation, the revised and expanded
edition of this classic learning tool paves the way to IPA aptitude. Every
chapter has been revised, and increasingly challenging exercises have been
added, the perfect way to strengthen listening and transcription skills
throughout the educational process. Use Calvert's Descriptive Phonetics Workbook
to guide your students through the fundamentals and maximize their
PUBLICATION DATE: 11/24/2003
CATEGORY: Language Arts & Disciplines