Express Yourself in English
AUTHOR: Frankel, Irene
PUBLISHER: Prentice Hall, E S L Department
Also available at Amazon.com
Center Stage 1: Express Yourself in English , by Irene Frankel (Series Consultants: MaryAnn Florez and Sharon Seymour), gives your students the communicative skills to start using English effectively in their daily lives. Center Stage 1 is an integrated four-skills course that supports student learning and achievement. Practical language and timely topics motivate beginning students to master grammar along with speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills.
Student Book Features
- Grammar to Communicate presents key grammar points with concise charts and abundant practice in real-life situations.
- Communicative Activities, such as Time to Talk, promote opportunities for meaningful expression and active learning.
- Extensive listening practice, in addition to reading and writing activities, help students to succeed in their daily lives.
- Review lessons help teachers to assess students' progress and meet the needs of multi-level classrooms.
- Easy-to-follow two-page lessons motivate students to achieve their goals.
Teacher's Edition Features
- Learner persistence tips, including learning goals, offer concrete strategies for promoting learner persistence.
- Multi-level strategies offer suggestions for tailoring activities to the needs of students at different levels of proficiency.
- Unit tests help teachers assess student progress.
- Teacher Resource Disk provides supplementary grammar and vocabulary practice as well as learner persistence worksheets.
Life Skills and Test Prep 1 , the companion book to Center Stage 1, provides instruction in CASAS-correlated life skills, test-taking strategies, and practice in taking standardized listening and reading tests.
PUBLICATION DATE: 3/6/2007
CATEGORY: Language Arts & Disciplines, Reference