Classroom Confidential | 1st Edition
The 12 Secrets of Great Teachers
AUTHOR: Schmidt, Laurel
Also available at Amazon.com
Laurel Schmidt's gone on assignment, interviewing master educators, observing their classrooms, and uncovering the twelve secrets that all stand-out teachers share. The result, Classroom Confidential, is the ultimate paperback mentor for novices and veterans alike, an across-the-curriculum guidebook with the scoop on how best practices can make you a great teacher.
Brimming with practical instructional strategies, tips on classroom management, and hundreds of leads on teaching resources, all in a read-it-today-do-it-tomorrow format, Classroom Confidential dishes the goods on every aspect of successful teaching, including:
- using multiple intelligences to master content standards
- authentic reading and writing activities
- inquiry-based instruction
- teaching for social justice
- reaching special-needs students
- community as classroom
- hands-on social studies projects
- integrating the arts into academics.
Go behind closed doors and into the minds of outstanding educators to discover why the inside story about their success is so important to yours. Read Classroom Confidential and be in the know about what makes a great teacher.
PUBLICATION DATE: 9/8/2004