European Labour and Social Security Law
AUTHOR: Blanpain, Roger and Hendrickx, Frank
PUBLISHER: Kluwer Law International
Also available at Amazon.com
This groundbreaking book at last rectifies that situation, presenting as complete and up-to-date a codification as possible of this body of law, with texts of the most important documents and direct reference to print and online sources of all relevant conventions, regulations, directives, decisions, recommendations, and agreements. The codification encompasses all European Union texts on labour and social security, as well as all pertinent Council of Europe documents.
Among the texts reprinted in full are the following:
- all relevant portions of the Treaty on European Union, the Treaty Establishing the European Community, the Treaty of Nice, the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, and the European Convention on Human Rights;
- the Community Charter of the Fundamental Rights of Workers;
- all Council directives on equal treatment;
- all Council directives and Commission decisions on workers' participation and European Works Councils; and
- the European Social Charter.
Codex: European Labour and Social Security Law assembles this scattered collection of texts into an easily-accessible corpus for the first time. It will be of immense value as a source of first instance for practitioners, researchers, and students alike.
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/1/2002
CATEGORY: Law, Political Science