Colposcopy, Cervical Pathology | 3rd Edition
Textbook and Atlas
AUTHOR: Pickel, Hellmuth and Girardi, Frank
PUBLISHER: Thieme Medical Publishers, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
A key tool in the fight against cervical cancer, colposcopy has today become a standard gynecologic technique and a must-know area for specialists.
Now updated in a third edition, this landmark reference gives you complete instruction in colposcopic procedures, together with the histopathologic background you need to reach an accurate diagnosis. The new edition features more than 500 photographs and illustrations - including 100 images appearing for the first time - as well as new sections on vulvar colposcopy and pathology, papillomavirus infections, loop excisional procedures, and advances in instrumentation.
The definitive text in the field, Colposcopy begins with histologic principles and coverage of equipment, training, and examination techniques. It then provides full information on normal and abnormal colposcopic findings and guidelines for differential diagnosis and treatment. Comprehensive and wide-ranging, Colposcopy shows you how to:
- Make routine exams more effective and accurate through the use of colposcopic screening
- Conduct an examination with colposcopy and document your results
- Identify the histologic processes that underlie colposcopic findings
- Reach the right differential diagnosis and determine the best method of treatment
- Use colposcopy to detect abnormalities not revealed through standard screening techniques
Fully illustrated and based on decades of experience, Colposcopyis an essential resource for anyone performing cervical examinations.
PUBLICATION DATE: 5/7/1998