Communication and Control in Electric Power Systems
Applications of Parallel and Distributed Processing
AUTHOR: Shahidehpour, Mohammad and Wang, Yaoyu
PUBLISHER: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
The restructuring of the electric utility industry has created the need for a mechanism that can effectively coordinate the various entities in a power market, enabling them to communicate efficiently and perform at an optimal level. Communication and Control in Electric Power Systems, the first resource to address its subject in an extended format, introduces parallel and distributed processing techniques as a compelling solution to this critical problem.
Drawing on their years of experience in the industry, Mohammad Shahidehpour and Yaoyu Wang deliver comprehensive coverage of parallel and distributed processing techniques with a focus on power system optimization, control, and communication. The authors begin with theoretical background and an overview of the increasingly deregulated power market, then move quickly into the practical applications and implementations of these pivotal techniques.
- Integrated Control Center Information
- Parallel and Distributed Computation of Power Systems
- Common Information Model and Middleware for Integration
- Online Distributed Security Assessment and Control
- Integration, Control, and Operation of Distributed Generation
- Agent Theory and Power Systems Management
- e-Commerce of Electricity
PUBLICATION DATE: 6/19/2003
CATEGORY: Technology & Engineering