Contexts of Nursing
AUTHOR: Daly, John
PUBLISHER: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
Each chapter focuses on a foundational area of study. Among these are philosophical, ethical, legal, theoretical, professional, technological, and research aspects of nursing. Ideas regarding nursing practice are considered, including nursing practice with individuals, communities and groups with special needs. There is a chapter on becoming a critical thinker and another on maximising learning opportunities and preparing for professional practice.
* Introductory textbook for all diploma and degree Foundation program nursing students
* A concise yet comprehensive overview of professional nursing studies
* Outstanding pedagogical features including learning objectives, keywords, reflective questions and recommended reading
* The Australian edition of this book is the highest selling nursing book ever published in Australasia
* Painstakingly adapted to make it invaluable to every UK student nurse
* Contributions from some of the top nursing names
"The book is clearly written and perfectly designed for use on undergraduate preregistration courses. I would therefore have no problem in recommending it as a primary text book for the Foundation programme"
PUBLICATION DATE: 8/2/2002