Corporate Information Factory | 1st Edition
AUTHOR: Inmon, William H. and Imhoff, Claudia
PUBLISHER: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
From traditional data warehousing to data marts and operational data stores, a dizzying array of architectures and tools are now available to help enterprises strategically use and manage information. Each has its unique costs and benefits associated with delivering value to the business. But, despite all the hype, not all solutions are equally well suited to every company's needs. In Corporate Information Factory, Bill Inmon, Claudia Imhoff, and Ryan Sousa introduce a practical and proven framework that shows companies how to leverage these solutions to build a company-wide information ecosystem.
Writing for corporate database and data warehouse managers, Inmon, Imhoff, and Sousa:
- Take a fresh look at the maturing role of the information ecosystem in the corporation
- Provide a frank and unbiased critique of data warehouses, data marts, and operational data stores in light of how today's corporations use information
- Supply guidelines for evaluating vendor claims about different products
- Show where the latest technologies fit within the corporate information factory
- Explain how to create a strategy for building an integrated company-wide information environment.
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/7/1998
CATEGORY: Business & Economics, Computers