Corrosion Prevention and Protection
AUTHOR: Ghali, Edward and Elboujdaini, M.
PUBLISHER: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
The book is split into two parts. The first, consisting of five chapters:
- Introduction and Principles (Fundamentals) of Corrosion
- Corrosion Testing, Detection, Monitoring and Failure Analysis
- Regulations, Specifications and Safety
- Materials: Metals, Alloys, Steels and Plastics
- Corrosion Economics and Corrosion Management
The second part of the book consists of two chapters which present:
- a discussion of corrosion reactions, media, active and active-passive corrosion behaviour and the various forms of corrosion,
- a collection of case histories and practical solutions which span a wide range of industrial problems in a variety of frequently encountered environments, including statues & monuments, corrosion problems in metallurgical and mineral processing plants, boilers, heat exchangers and cooling towers, aluminum and copper alloys, galvanized steel structures as well as hydrogeological environmental corrosion
This text is relevant to researchers and practitioners, engineers and chemists, working in corrosion in industry, government laboratories and academia. It is also suitable as a course text for engineering students as well as libraries related to chemical and chemical engineering institutes and research departments.
PUBLICATION DATE: 2/27/2007