Current Diagnosis and Treatment Critical Care | 3rd Edition
AUTHOR: Bongard, Frederic S. and Sue, Darryl Y.
PUBLISHER: McGraw-Hill Education
Also available at Amazon.com
All the management and diagnosis strategies you need in the critical care environment
A Doody's Core Title for 2011!
CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment: Critical Care delivers authoritative and clinically focused guidance in a concise, find-it-now format. Following the trusted LANGE approach, it includes a review of the etiology, relevant pathophysiology, and clinical symptoms as a prelude to diagnosis and treatment. Coverage includes everything from renal failure and surgical infections to coronary heart disease. There is a strong emphasis on evidence-based medicine throughout.
- Comprehensive overview of 39 key critical care topics, covering critical care basics, medical critical care, and the essentials of surgical critical care
- Valuable perspectives on the latest technologies, equipment, therapeutic strategies, and interventions
- Addresses common but difficult-to-diagnose critical care problems and delivers "approach to the patient" strategies
- NEW! Important treatment strategies for venous thromboembolism, acute respiratory distress syndrome, diabetic ketoacidosis, asthma, sepsis, and many more
- NEW! Current recommendations for deep vein thrombosis prophylaxis, transfusions, goal-directed therapy in sepsis, mechanical ventilation, use of pulmonary artery catheters, and glycemic control
- NEW! PMID numbers on all references for easy look-up
PUBLICATION DATE: 8/7/2008