Data Analysis Using SPSS for Windows Versions 8 - 10 | 2nd Edition
AUTHOR: Foster, Jeremy J.
PUBLISHER: SAGE Publications, Limited
Also available at Amazon.com
- creating using and merging data files
- creating and printing graphs and charts
- parametric tests including t-tests, ANOVA, GLM
- correlation, regression and factor analysis
- non parametric tests and chi square
- obtaining neat print outs and tables
- includes a disk containing example data files, syntax files, output files and Excel spreadsheets.
The book starts with a brief introduction to statistical analysis - beginning with basic definitions through to interpretation and significance of the results. The author shows in a simple step-by-step method how to set up SPSS data files in order to run your analysis as well as how to graph and display data. The book shows the reader how to use SPSS for all the main statistical approaches you would expect to find in an introductory statistics course.
Also included are detailed worked examples - with SPSS output and screen shots, along with diagrams and a useful decision chart to select the appropriate statistical test. The differences between versions 8.0 - 10.0 are also listed to help those upgrading to the latest version.
This book will prove invaluable to all those students and researchers who need to learn to use SPSS effectively in their research.
`Our favourite page is the Figure 2.3: "Deciding which statistical test to use". It's a full-page flow diagram indicating what statistical method should be recommended for which type of research situation...and it's fun' - Bulletin de Me[ac]thodologie Sociologique
PUBLICATION DATE: 3/20/2001
CATEGORY: Computers, Mathematics, Social Science