Debates in Citizenship Education
Also available at Amazon.com
What are the key issues in Citizenship Education today?
Debates in Citizenship Education encourages student and practising teachers to engage with and reflect on some of the key topics, concepts and debates that they will have to address throughout their career. It places the specialist field of Citizenship Education in a wider context and aims to enable teachers to reach their own informed judgements and argue their points of view with deeper theoretical knowledge and understanding.
Taking account of recent policy and controversies, expert contributors provide a balance of experience and perspectives and cover a wide range of classic and contemporary topics including:
- Theoretical Perspectives on Citizenship Education;
- International Comparative Perspectives on Citizenship Education;
- Citizenship Education, Race and Community Cohesion;
- Climate Change and Sustainable Citizenship Education;
- ICT and Citizenship Education;
- Ethics and Citizenship Education;
- Assessment of Citizenship Education.
Debates in Citizenship Education is for all student teachers, and practising teachers engaged in CPD or interested in furthering their understanding of teaching in the subject area. Including carefully annotated further reading and reflective questions to help shape your own research and writing, this collection provides an introduction to recent critical thinking and contemporary debates within Citizenship Education.
PUBLICATION DATE: 12/14/2011
CATEGORY: Education, Language Arts & Disciplines, Political Science