Definitive XML Schema | 1st Edition
AUTHOR: Walmsley, Priscilla
PUBLISHER: Prentice Hall PTR
Also available at Amazon.com
The authoritative XML Schema reference and tutorial!
- Leverage the full power of XML Schema!
- In-depth coverage of the approved W3C Recommendation
- Schema design-practical and thorough
- Transition help for experienced DTD developers
- Authoritative! By Priscilla Walmsley-a member of the W3C XML Schema Working Group
To leverage the full power of XML, companies need shared vocabularies to base their documents and scripts upon. XML Schema makes it possible to create those shared vocabularies-and Definitive XML Schema is the authoritative guide to the standard! Written by Priscilla Walmsley, a member of the W3C working group that created XML Schema, this book explains the W3C Recommendation with unprecedented insight and clarity-and introduces practical techniques for writing schemas to support any B2B, Web service, or content processing application. Coverage includes:
- How XML Schema provides a rigorous, complete standard for modeling XML document structure, content, and datatypes
- Working with schemas: Schema composition, instance validation, documentation, namespaces, and more
- XML Schema building blocks: elements, attributes, and types
- Advanced techniques: type derivation, model groups, substitution groups, identity constraints, redefinition, and much more
- An in-depth primer on effective schema design, including naming, document structure, and extensibility considerations
- Transition guidance for experienced DTD developers
Definitive XML Schema brings together expert guidance for schema design, superior approaches to schema development, and the most systematic XML Schema reference on the market. Whether you're a developer, architect, or content specialist, it's the only XML Schema resource you need!"XML Schema is an incredibly powerful-and complex-document schema language, with such new capabilities as strong typing, modularity, inheritance, and identity constraints. This book guides you through the complexity so you can confidently use that power for your own projects."
-Charles F. Goldfarb
PUBLICATION DATE: 12/7/2001