Designing and Conducting Mixed Methods Research | 2nd Edition
AUTHOR: Clark, Vicki L. Plano and Creswell, John W.
PUBLISHER: SAGE Publications, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
Combining the latest thinking about mixed methods research designs with practical, step-by-step guidance, the Second Edition of Designing and Conducting Mixed Methods Research now covers six major mixed methods designs. Authors John W. Creswell and Vicki L. Plano Clark walk readers through the entire research process, from formulating questions to designing, collecting data, and interpreting results and include updated examples from published mixed methods studies drawn from the social, behavioral, health, and education disciplines.
New to This Edition:
* Two new mixed methods designs--transformative and multiphase--are now covered.
* New flowcharts detail the steps involved in conducting each of the six major mixed methods designs.
* More detailed coverage of data collection decisions for each of the six major designs.
* New topic coverage
- The use of joint displays
- Emerging discussion about validity
- Newest thinking about the use of software in the process of mixed methods analysis
* An example of a mixed method dissertation outline is now included in the set of guidelines for reporting mixed methods research in a proposal, dissertation, or journal article.
* New and revised activities and exercises conclude each chapter.
This text is intended for use in Intermediate/Advanced Research Methods, Mixed Methods, Research Design, and Social Research Methods courses across the social sciences.
PUBLICATION DATE: 6/22/2010
CATEGORY: Social Science