Developing Practice for Public Health and Health Promotion | 3rd Edition
AUTHOR: Naidoo, Jennie and Wills, Jane
PUBLISHER: Elsevier - Health Sciences Division
Also available at Amazon.com
Printed book plus PageburstT access. You will receive a printed book and access to the complete book content electronically. PageburstT enhances learning not only by bringing world class content to your fingertips but also by letting you add to it, annotate it, and categorize it in a way that suits you. PageburstT frees you to spend more time learning and less time searching.
Developing Practice for Public Health and Health Promotion is the second title in the 'Public Health and Health Promotion Practice' series, expanding on the best-selling introductory textbook, Foundations for Health Promotion.
Developing Practice is an essential text for the many different practitioners, professionals and specialists who contribute to public health and health promotion, enabling them to develop their knowledge, skills and confidence.
- Case studies, activities and discussion points encourage interaction and reflection, and stimulate learning
- Unique, user-friendly approach makes learning easy
- Examines the forces that drive practice
- Focuses on the core strategies of:
- Tackling health inequalities
- User and public participation and involvement
- Working in partnerships
- Identifies current public health priorities and how to address these in practice.
- Fully updated to reflect the many changes in health promotion theory, practice and policy
- New chapter on empowerment as a key health promotion strategy
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/31/2011
CATEGORY: Health & Fitness, Medical