Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics | 2nd Edition
A Handbook for Primary Care
PUBLISHER: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Also available at Amazon.com
The newly revised Second Edition of this popular handbook provides up-to-date information and practical guidance to help you confidently diagnose and treat children with developmental and behavioral problems in the primary care setting. Each chapter contains concise, accessible, up-to-date, and practical information and clinical guidance. The logical outline format allows you to easily find the information you need to make diagnostic and management decisions quickly and effectively. You get a wide range of practical, authoritative content in a handy, easy-to-carry size.
Highlights of the new edition:
- All new chapters on the latest topics, such as pediatric psychopharmacology, sensory integrations disorder, bad news in the media, post-traumatic stress disorder, Asperger syndrome, promoting resilience, the explosive child, family treatment, cultural competence, bipolar disorder...
- Completely updated information on common problems such as ADHD, biting, school avoidance, the picky eater, obesity, sleep problems, colic...
- The latest on diagnosis and management of significant developmental disorders, such as autistic spectrum disorder, cerebral palsy, the dysmorphic child...
- A separate section on how to screen for developmental and behavioral disorders in primary care...
- Web sites of interest for parents and/or providers...
Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics: A Handbook for Primary Care, Second Edition is the one book you need to boost your ability to help children and parents with their common (and uncommon) developmental, behavioral, and psychosocial challenges. Order your copy today!
PUBLICATION DATE: 9/27/2004
CATEGORY: Medical, Psychology