Discovering the Solar System | 2nd Edition
AUTHOR: Jones, Barrie W.
PUBLISHER: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
Carefully balancing breadth of coverage with depth, Discovering the Solar System, Second Edition:
- Offers a comprehensive introduction, assuming little prior knowledge
- Includes full coverage of each planet, as well as the moon, Europa and Titan. The Second Edition includes new material on exoplanetary systems, and a general update throughout.
- Presents latest results from the Mars Rover and Cassini-Huygens missions
- Includes a colour plate section
- Contains 'stop and think' questions embedded in the text to aid understanding, along with questions at the end of major sections. Answers are provided at the end of the book.
- Provides summaries at the end of each chapter, and a glossary at the end of the book
Praise for the First Edition:
"(...) essential reading for all undergraduate students (...) and for those at a more advanced level approaching the subject for the first time." THE SCIENCE BOOK BOARD BOOK REVIEW
"One of the best books on the solar system I have seen. The general accuracy and quality of the content is excellent." JOURNAL OF THE BRITISH ASTRONOMICAL ASSOCIATION
PUBLICATION DATE: 7/16/2007