Research Frontiers and Treatment Advances
AUTHOR: Ali, Syed F.
PUBLISHER: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
Methamphetamine, MDMA, PMA and different solvents are the most widely abused drugs in the Europe, United States, Central America, South America and Asian Countries and their use has dramatically increased over the last two decades. These drugs of abuse are known to cause neurotoxicity in several species including not only rodents, dogs and nonhuman primates, but also humans. However, precise neurochemical mechanisms underlying this drug-induced neurotoxicity remain unclear.
This volume addresses the following:
1) Role of Genomics, Proteomics and Metabonomics in Drug-induced Neurotoxicity
2) Drugs of Abuse and Medication Development
3) Molecular Biology and Free Radicals in Drugs of Abuse-induced neurotoxicity
4) Substituted Amphetamines-induced Neurochemical Changes and Relationship to Neurotoxicity
5) Drug of Abuse and Imaging Brain Structure and Function
6) GHB/Volatile Solvent/Inhalant Neurotoxicity
NOTE: Annals volumes are available for sale as individual books or as a journal. For information on institutional journal subscriptions, please visit www.blackwellpublishing.com/nyas.
ACADEMY MEMBERS: Please contact the New York Academy of Sciences directly to place your order (www.nyas.org). Members of the New York Academy of Science receive full-text access to the Annals online and discounts on print volumes. Please visit http://www.nyas.org/MemberCenter/Join.aspx for more information about becoming a member
PUBLICATION DATE: 11/3/2008
CATEGORY: Medical, Psychology