Encyclopedia of Immigration and Migration in the American West
PUBLISHER: SAGE Publications, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
The Encyclopedia provides a complete and definite history of racial and ethnic groups that populated the American West, those states west of the 100th meridian. The volumes cover the settling of the West and include coverage of movements of native American tribes, African Americans and the often underreported role of women in the West's development.
Key features and benefits include:
- illustrations, maps and photos from international archives;
- bilbiographical entires detailing the settling of the American West;
- unique coverage of the migration of native American tribes;
- discussion of the role of African Americans in the development of the American West;
- focus on women in the migration and immigraton of the American West.
- American Natives
- Cities and Towns
- Economic Change and War
- Ethnic and Racial Groups
- Immigration Laws and Policies
- Natural Resources Events and Laws
- The Way West
The Encyclopedia of Immigration and Migration in the American West is a unique addition to any academic or public library.
PUBLICATION DATE: 2/24/2006
CATEGORY: History, Social Science