Ethics in Engineering Design
AUTHOR: J. R. A. S. Lowe
PUBLISHER: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
This volume of papers is vital reading for all those students, practitioners, and professionals operating in the field of product and engineering design and education.
- QAA benchmark statements and Open University design courses
- Design for life-sustainable futures - are we all guilty?
- Sustainability - a design exercise?
- Cabin and passenger environment design for the Airbus A380 - a case study for education
- Using small scale alternative energy equipment as a vehicle for sustainable development study
- Development of concept designs for a disaster relief shelter a student project
- Copying - a constructive process
- Product design education in practise - evaluating the key transition from undergraduate degree to initial industrial position
- Inclusive product design (ethics and sustainability) project teaching, using a major study project as the vehicle
Design is key to innovation and wealth creation - it is, therefore, critical that the issue of Design Education has a forum for debate and dissemination of best practice.
PUBLICATION DATE: 11/7/2003
CATEGORY: Technology & Engineering