Extreme Programming Adventures in C#
AUTHOR: Jeffries, Ronald E.
PUBLISHER: Microsoft Press
Also available at Amazon.com
See eXtreme Programming (XP) in action at the hands of an XP master--and learn Microsoft .NET and C# programming in the process! In this fast-paced, hands-on exposition, Ron Jeffries--one of the leading voices and practitioners in the XP community--demonstrates that you can write well-designed, resilient code incrementally and safely, while minimizing your investment in speculative up-front design. As Jeffries builds his sample application, you get firsthand insights into what successful XP development looks like, complete with real-world challenges such as the eleventh-hour change order. For further practice and study, you can download all the author's code--including the missteps--so you can see XP and agile concepts in action and assess how they fit into your own work.
Pair program with an XP master, discovering how to:
- Streamline and simplify the software development process
- Work more effectively as part of an XP development team
- Reduce missteps by designing, testing, and refining code in increments
- Receive clearer specifications and feedback from customers
- Write cleaner, more expressive code--and weed out more bugs
- Conserve resources by planning and reassessing progress as you go
- Maintain a sustainable work pace--and avoid burnout
- Step up delivery dates, shipping the most crucial features first
- Improve customer satisfaction!
PUBLICATION DATE: 2/4/2004