Field Guide to Covering Sports
AUTHOR: Gisondi, Joe
PUBLISHER: CQ Press
Also available at Amazon.com
Using his Prepare-Watch-Ask-Write approach in each sports chapter, you will learn:
- What to understand before play begins
- What to look out for during competition
- What to ask players and coaches
- What essentials to include in your story
In addition to brief chapters on writing, interviewing and blogging, the Guide features useful "primers": knowing the APSE ethical guidelines, avoiding clich#65533;s, working with Sports Information Directors, covering fantasy sports and broadcasting on the radio. A series of annotated score cards shows how reporters can keep track of stats and details, and assignments at the end of the book get you applying your new-found sports knowledge.
Two additional features round out helpful coverage:
- Sports Insiders include important tips based on author interviews with athletes, coaches and experienced sports reporters.
- Digital Assist boxes showcase models to emulate when reporting with new media.
No sports reporter's collection is complete without this unique guide.
Click here to visit the author's new web site and blog for regularly updated sports journalism coverage, advice, and more.
Coverage of Twenty Sports, Including:
Track & Field
PUBLICATION DATE: 3/16/2010
CATEGORY: Language Arts & Disciplines, Sports & Recreation