Finnie's Handling the Young Child with Cerebral Palsy at Home | 4th Edition
AUTHOR: Finnie, Nancie R.
PUBLISHER: Elsevier - Health Sciences Division
Also available at Amazon.com
Over the years since the first edition of this book was written ideas on appropriate therapies have changed and developed. Similarly opinion on early intervention has changed and the method of delivery of service has in some places moved from centralisation to home-based or community provision. The emphasis of this new edition however remains on a holistic approach to the child's needs seeing the difficulties in relation to the overall development of the child as a unique person from childhood to adulthood.
- Assessment procedures and prediction of future abilities
- Management of problems (including medication if appropriate) such as epilepsy, constipation, eneurisis, nourishment, difficulty with sleeping, crying, temper tantrums, sensory deficits and deformity
- Stimulation, fitness, problem solving, compensatory strategies and ease of management
- New chapters include Neuroimaging, Epilepsy, Emotional health, Orthotics, Spasticity management, and Complementary and alternative medicine
- Over 460 revised illustrations showing different pieces of equipment which may be helpful and ways of holding and moving a child with cerebral palsy
- Chapters on Sleeping, Feeding, Lifting and Carrying, Toileting, Communication and Fine motor movement have been completely re-written by a professional specialising in the particular field
PUBLICATION DATE: 12/8/2008