Food and Beverage Cost Control Study Guide | 4th Edition
AUTHOR: Dopson, Lea R. and Hayes, David K.
PUBLISHER: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
For foodservice managers to control costs effectively, they must have a firm grasp of accounting, marketing, and legal issues, as well as food and beverage sanitation, production, and service methods. This fully updated fourth edition of Food and Beverage Cost Control provides students and managers with a wealth of comprehensive resources and the specific tools they need to keep costs low and profit margins high.
This new edition features the latest information on foodservice cost control in a global setting, addressing relevant cultural, legal, and technological questions. Highlights of this fourth edition include:
- A new look at international foodservice cost control in the age of globalization, with a special emphasis on using advanced technologies internationally
- New Leaders are Readers! features provide students with additional readings related to key topics and concepts for each chapter
- New Technology Tools have been added throughout the book alongside relevant topics because technology affects practically every aspect of cost control today
- Expanded and updated Test Your Skills questions help students to reinforce their understanding of the tools and concepts presented
- Apply What You Have Learned exercises focus on practical applications of topics and concepts toreal-world industry scenarios
- A bonus CD-ROM packed with exercises that utilize manager-developed MicrosoftÂ® Excel spreadsheets
- A newly created Study Guide provides several additional resources to help students review the material and exercises to test their knowledge of key topics and concepts
Students in foodservice management courses will find that Food and Beverage Cost Control, Fourth Edition provides a modern and focused treatment of this vital subject. Working managers will appreciate this useful reference as a source of ready-to-use forms and formulas that can be easily applied to their operations.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
PUBLICATION DATE: 4/13/2007
CATEGORY: Business & Economics