Foundations of Periodontics for the Dental Hygienist
AUTHOR: Nield-Gehrig, Jill S. and Willmann, Donald E.
PUBLISHER: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Also available at Amazon.com
This comprehensive new text provides a refreshing approach for both students and instructors of periodontology. Presented in an efficient, straightforward tone, this evidence-based approach to periodontal care emphasizes the use of research as the foundation for clinical decision making.
- An outline format that presents difficult concepts in a user-friendly manner
- Chapter outlines, tables, boxes, flow charts, and key terms that complement teaching and promote efficient learning
- Unique chapters covering content that goes beyond that found in other periodontal texts, including important topics such as dental plaque biofilms, host response to periodontal pathogens, etiology of periodontal diseases and more
- Patient case studies and "Focus on Patients" sections that encourage students to apply concepts to patient treatment
- High-quality clinical photographs and illustrations that reinforce chapter content
- A full-color insert that features clinical photographs of the periodontal disease classifications most often encountered in clinical practice
- A glossary for clarification of frequently used periodontal terms
Written specifically for the needs of the dental hygienist, the time is right for Foundations of Periodontics for the Dental Hygienist. With its intelligent balance of up-to-date content and organizational clarity, this text is bound to become—in the words of one reviewer—"a standard for dental hygiene programs everywhere."
PUBLICATION DATE: 10/10/2002