AUTHOR: Dillon, Harvey
PUBLISHER: Thieme Medical Publishers, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
This highly anticipated work is the complete, one-stop guide to hearing aids, covering everything you need to know to prescribe, select, fit, measure, and evaluate their performance. Dr. Dillon is a sought-after speaker and instructor throughout the world.
Some of the benefits of this acclaimed text:
- COMPREHENSIVE--From basic concepts of hearing loss, hearing aid software and hardware, to assessment guidelines and results-oriented counseling methods, the book covers it all!
- THEORETICALLY SOUND--All findings explained in detail to clarify concepts, making the book ideal as a standard reference for clinicians as well as a core text in graduate courses
- PRACTICAL--Easy-to-use tips, tables, and procedures designed to be pinned to clinic walls for instant reference
- ACCESSIBLE--Synopses, key paragraphs, and detailed materials help you progress from basic to highly sophisticated concepts easily
- INTEGRATED AND CROSS-REFERENCED--Each cross-referenced chapter builds on previous chapters, with the flow and consistency of a single author
- INNOVATIVE--You will discover research results and procedures that have not yet appeared in the literature, giving you an important professional edge
Opinion leaders in the field have been uniformly enthusiastic:
The book is smashing...Should be a required reference for anyone who deals with hearing aids. All of the materials, including an outstanding chapter on pediatric amplification, are presented in a practical and immediately useful manner. --Jerry Northern, author and editor, HearX*
Packed with concise, up-to-date, useful information concerning the selection and fitting of hearing aids. I'd highly recommend this text for graduate audiology students to anyone involved in hearing aid dispensing.--Gus Mueller, PhD, Adjunct Associate Professor, Vanderbilt University
PUBLICATION DATE: 4/19/2001