Help Your Child to Succeed
The Essential Guide for Parents
AUTHOR: Lucas, Bill and Smith, Alistair
PUBLISHER: Stenhouse Publishers
Also available at Amazon.com
This helpful resource offers parents a repertoire of wonderful opportunities for discovery, exploration, and just plain fun. Packed with activities, games, tips, and suggestions, this colorful book also offers advice for dealing with everyday concerns such as homework and things to do on weekends and on school holidays.
Help Your Child to Succeed offers many simple and constructive ways to support a child's learning, including:
- becoming a child's first teacher and learning as a family;
- overcoming common barriers to learning;
- using community resources such as libraries and museums;
- incorporating positive techniques for motivating children;
- helping students with key skills in literacy and numeracy;
- getting the most out of what school offers.
In this inviting and highly readable book, full-color illustrations of families playing and learning together complement the important activities, and suggestions and questionnaires help parents develop a better understanding of how children learn. The book shows parents how to become a productive part of their child's learning.
Help Your Child to Succeed is not only a practical reference guide and a thought-provoking read, it is an ideal resource that shows families how to learn together and make a difference in a child's success in school and life.
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/1/2004
CATEGORY: Education, Family & Relationships