Here Comes the Bogeyman
Exploring Contemporary Issues in Writing for Children
AUTHOR: Melrose, Andrew
Also available at Amazon.com
Here Comes the Bogeyman is an essential text focussing on critical and contemporary issues surrounding writing for children. Containing a critically creative and a creatively critical investigation of the cult and culture of the child and childhood in fiction and non-fictional writing, it also contains a wealth of ideas and critical advice to be shared with writers, students of children s writing and students of writing. With scores of published children s fiction books and films to his name, Andrew Melrose shares his extensive critical, teaching, writing and research experience to provide:
- a critical and creative investigation of writing and reading for children in the early, middle and pre-teen years
- an accessible and critically important challenge to the latest international academic research and debates in the field of children s literature and creative writing.
- an evaluation of what it means to write for a generation of media-savvy children
- encouragement for critics, writers and students to develop their own critical, creative and writing skills in a stimulating and supportive manner
- guidance on writing non-fiction and poetry
- creative writing craftwork ideas which could be used as seminar topics or as individual reflections
This one-stop critical and creative text will be an indispensable resource for critics, writers and students interested in the cult and culture of writing for children; on Creative Writing BA and MA programmes; Children's Literature BA and MA programmes; English BA and MA programmes; Teacher Training, PGCE students and for those studying at Doctoral and Post-Doctoral level who are interested in writing for children."
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/11/2012
CATEGORY: Language Arts & Disciplines, Literary Criticism