High Definition DVD Handbook
Producing for HD DVD and Blue-Ray Disc
AUTHOR: Johnson, Mark R. and Crawford, Charles G.
PUBLISHER: McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
Also available at Amazon.com
Everything you need to design and produce high definition DVDs-from three of the most well-known specialists in the industry
High Definition DVD Handbook is your one-stop resource for mastering the new HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc formats and successfully applying them to the entire DVD process-from authoring to design to production. You'll see how to fully utilize the amazing new resolution and features of high definition DVD, understand the major differences between the formats, navigate complex specs, and set up for either small- or large-scale production. Featuring a foreword by Jim Taylor, coauthor of DVD Demystified, this practical, irreverent guide:
- Gives you comprehensive, up-to-date coverage of both new competing high definition DVD formats
- Covers all-new, high definition authoring tools
- Includes chapters devoted to audio and video acquisition, graphics design, compression, quality control, and replication
- Reveals how to achieve new levels of interactivity through graphic user interfaces (GUIs)
- Provides proven advice on avoiding production pitfalls and troubleshooting
- Helps you navigate and utilize content protection and digital rights management as well as the Advanced Access Content System (AACS) standard
Taking DVD Demystified to the next level, High Definition DVD Handbook is your guide to the new wave of DVD production.
"should be required reading in any world-class DVD facility."-Benn Carr, VP of New Technology, Walt Disney Studios, Burbank, CA
PUBLICATION DATE: 4/5/2007