A Guide to Health Care Privacy and Security Law
AUTHOR: Knag, Paul E. and Boyle, Lisa M.
PUBLISHER: Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
Also available at Amazon.com
HIPAA: A Guide to Health Care Privacy and Security Law eases the burden and serves as your main HIPAA desk reference. Instead of scattered resources, you'll have all your legal information in one neatly indexed source.
- Coverage of the HIPAA Omnibus Rule
- Updated forms and resources
- Coverage of both state and federal legal requirements
- Guidance on avoiding civil and criminal penalties
- Clear explanations of every HIPAA privacy and security rule
- And more!
With HIPAA: A Guide to Health Care Privacy and Security Law , you will find a comprehensive analysis of the new Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) regulations, as well as practical compliance strategies.
In addition, this definitive resource keeps you abreast of the latest developments and issues, including:
- Discussion of new cases regarding HIPAA preemption of state law
- New guidance on the impact of the Supreme Court's Windsor decision on the Privacy Rule
- Additional information regarding permissible disclosures for public health activities and purposes
- Additional information on the transition to ICD-10 code sets
- Additional information on the Enforcement Rule
- And much more!
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/18/2002
CATEGORY: Law, Medical