How to Achieve the Every Child Matters Standards
A Practical Guide
AUTHOR: Cheminais, Rita
PUBLISHER: SAGE Publications, Limited
Also available at Amazon.com
'Rita Cheminais has once again written a practical resource to help educational settings deliver positive outcomes for all pupils...Settings should consider that working towards the achievement of these standards will complement their existing process of evaluation, review and development' - Special
'This book (and CD-Rom) focuses on practical approaches to achieving Every Child Matters Standards in a wide range of educational settings...[It] is likely to be particularly useful to educational management teams in schools and related settings, especially where they are embarking on the process of applying the standards or evaluating their efforts in achieving them' - Early Years Update
`This very practical book is a must for anyone working towards achieving the Every Child Matters Standards. Local authorities, schools, early years settings, children's centres and post 16 providers will find this book invaluable in supporting their goal to meeting the standards. It is easy to use and contains all the information needed at each step of the process. The CD will provide copies of all the forms described in the book which will build up an extensive evidence base to support the self evaluation process'
- Lorraine Petersen, CEO of NASEN
In this book Rita Cheminais shows you how your setting can achieve the Every Child Matters (ECM) Standards. Paying attention to the practical details, she provides advice and guidance on:
- applying the ECM standards to mainstream primary and secondary schools, special schools, Pupil Referral Units (PRUs) and Children's Centres;
- undertaking the ECM Standards audit;
- monitoring and evaluating progress;
- building a portfolio of evidence;
- the assessment process.
The evidence gathered towards meeting the ECM Standards can be fed into and inform the OFSTED school self-evaluation form (SEF).
The author has also included:
- full evidence descriptors for each of the 12 ECM Standards in table format, aligned with the relevant ECM outcomes;
- useful summary checklists;
- an accompanying CD full of downloadable material, including an improvement planning and self-evaluation framework and a Power-Point presentation.
Every educational setting needs this book.
To access the forms from the CD, click on 'Sample Chapters and Materials' in the left hand navigation.
PUBLICATION DATE: 10/15/2007