Human Rights | 1st Edition
PUBLISHER: Cengage Gale
Also available at Amazon.com
Good to green will help businesses understand and leverage:
- The New Age of Environmental Awareness: how to tackle the fundamentals of business in the context of environmental legislation, government incentives, consumer trends and climate change.
- "Cosmetic" Environmentalism: as companies realize that effective quick fixes are rare and that greenwashing is injurious to the bottom line, Good to Green exposes the superficial and provides guidance on how to find genuine business value.
- The Alternative Energy Moon Shot: your company has taken the first steps to reduce an addiction to carbon-based fuels and the associated economic, environmental and security issues, but where do you go from here, and more importantly, where does your company fit into the energy value chain?
- The Supply Chain: in many cases this has become a "chain of uncertainty" with suppliers. Cost-conscious companies are beginning to show an abundance of win-win opportunities with their suppliers to reduce environmental impact and product risks, and increase profitability.
- The Greenhouse Cap & Trade System: good to Green demystifies current and impending North American greenhouse gas emissions legislation and trading.
- Follow the Money: over a trillion dollars per year is being spent on water purification, solid waste management and clean energy technologies. Add to this monies being spent on environmentally friendly products, energy conservation and regulatory compliance, and the market opportunity is overwhelming.
- Adapt or Die: organizations must address environmental issues when assessing their business risks and opportunities, as the consequences are irrefutable-from investment choice to human capital management.
Good to Green presents a complete suite of problems, scenarios, innovations and solutions that are rapidly becoming business-critical. You don't need to be an executive to benefit. You don't need to be an environmental activist to change. You just need to care deeply about the long-term success of your company.
PUBLICATION DATE: 1/1/2004
CATEGORY: Political Science