A Team Approach to Management
AUTHOR: Hobkirk, John A. and Bassi, G. Steven
PUBLISHER: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
This volume is structured over three sections. Part One offers background information on the epidemiology and aetiology of hypodontia, its inheritance patterns and syndromic associations, as well as describing the clinical features of the condition and outlining the importance of a multidisciplinary approach to patient care. Part Two addresses key issues in hypodontia management, namely challenges posed by excessive or inadequate space within and between the dental arches, specific occlusal considerations, and problems related to the supporting tissues. Part Three considers treatment of hypodontia within the framework of three broad stages of dental development: the primary/early fixed dentition, the late mixed dentition/early permanent dentition, and finally the established dentition.
Hypodontia: A Team Approach to Management draws on the best available evidence and opinion to provide a complete, in-depth practical resource for dental specialists dealing with this complex condition.
- Complete multidisciplinary resource on hypodontia
- Authored by a team with over 30 years of clinical and research experience in the treatment of hypodontia
- Extensive reference lists
- Features comprehensive section on age-related approaches to treatment
- Many clinical illustrations in full colour
PUBLICATION DATE: 2/7/2011