Illustrated Guide to the American Economy
A Hundred Key Issues
AUTHOR: Stein, Herbert and Foss, Murray
PUBLISHER: American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research
Also available at Amazon.com
Listening to TV or reading newspapers raises a long list of questions whose answers would be relevant to the national discussion but are commonly unknown, ignored, or misunderstood, such as
- How rich is the American economy compared with other times and other countries?
- What is the extent of poverty in America?
- What has happened to productivity and real earnings?
- What is happening to the relative earnings of women or blacks compared with white males?
- How heavy are American tax burdens today compared with earlier times and other countries?
- What caused the large increase of the U.S. trade deficit?
This thoroughly revised second edition brings the information up to date and expands the treatment of many subjects, including
- the economics of health
- problems in measuring changes in the quality of life
- government capital and infrastructure, natural resources, and research and development
- small business, multinational corporations, and trade unions
- the distribution of income and its change
PUBLICATION DATE: 9/1/1992
CATEGORY: Business & Economics