Imaging of the Musculoskeletal System
AUTHOR: Pope, Thomas Lee and Bloem, Hans L.
PUBLISHER: Elsevier - Health Sciences Division
Also available at Amazon.com
"This outstanding text is now an acclaimed primary resource and therefore belongs in the libraries and at the work stations of all general and orthopedic hospital departments of radiology and, indeed, at any and all imaging facilities involved in musculoskeletal imaging." Reviewed by: Lee F. Rogers, Feb 2015
- Offers advice from a diverse group of experts from around the globe, providing you with a wide range of options and perspectives, including the pros and cons of each modality, to help you overcome difficult challenges.
- Presents radiographic images as well as MR, multislice CT, ultrasonography, and nuclear medicine imaging findings so you can easily compare results.
- Delivers essential background information to help you fully understand each topic.
- Integrates protocols, classic signs, and ACR guidelines, ensuring a better decision making process.
- Structures every chapter consistently to include pathophysiology, imaging techniques, imaging findings, differential diagnosis, and treatment options so you can make the best informed decisions.
- Provides boxes highlighting what the referring physician needs to know, to assist you with report writing, as well as suggestions for treatment and future imaging studies.
- Includes a CD of case studies, valuable appendices, and additional chapters that provide step-by-step guidance on all of the most important musculoskeletal procedures.
- Uses more than 5,300 superior, large digital-quality images depicting all of the musculoskeletal imaging findings you're likely to see, and helping you distinguish between conditions with similar presentations.
- Features a full-color design throughout, including color-coded tables and bulleted lists that highlight key concepts and get you to the information you need quickly, as well as color artwork that lets you easily find critical anatomic views of diseases and injuries.
PUBLICATION DATE: 5/20/2008