Information Technology for Management | 7th Edition
Improving Performance in the Digital Economy
AUTHOR: Turban, Efraim and Leidner, Dorothy
PUBLISHER: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
Information technology has changed how businesses operate and succeed in today's global economy. Organizations can now use IT to transform themselves and achieve a tremendous competitive advantage. Information Technology for Management: Transforming Organizations in the Digital Economy, Seventh Edition highlights how this new technology is changing the current business environment and what effect it has on today's students. The text addresses the major principles of MIS in order to prepare managers to understand the role of information technology in the digital economy. Revised and updated for a junior or senior level MIS or MBA course, this title will give students what they need to succeed in the emerging digital economy.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- NEW! Problem-Solving Activities in every chapter require students to do intriguing and challenging hands-on work; for example, gathering information from websites and analyzing it with spreadsheets.
- NEW! chapter opening model 'IT Performance Model' provides a consistent framework for every chapter.
- NEW! in-depth coverage of cutting edge topics like green computing, social and viral marketing, and emerging information security risks, e.g., crimeservers and IS highjacking.
- NEW! chapter on social networks and the Web 2.0 environment Media Resource Library- provides links to videos, animations, cases, and other web resources to help engage students in IT. Each Media Resource includes lecture lead-ins, class discussion questions, and assessment questions.
- Streamlined text ? Authors have streamlined and smoothed the flow throughout the text, eliminating duplications, reducing the size of most chapters as well as the number of topics covered.
- ?How IT Benefits You? boxes ? summarize key points at the end of each chapter for each business major, and icons throughout the text alert students to related functional areas.
- Global Perspective - Completely revised chapter on global information systems.
- Solid Theoretical Backing - foundations ranging from Moore's Law to Porter's competitiveness models, including his latest e-strategy adaptation.
- Online materials have been organized and streamlined into three categories: Tutorials (on Ethics, Strategy models, etc,) Online Briefs (supplemental, bonus information), and Online Mini-cases.
PUBLICATION DATE: 3/30/2009