Insight in Innovation
Managing Innovation by Understanding the Laws of Innovation
AUTHOR: Verloop, Jan
PUBLISHER: Elsevier Science & Technology Books
Also available at Amazon.com
The book has been written around six main themes:
1. Understanding innovation as a business process and how it has developed through history.
2. For a manager it is essential to appreciate the fundamental difference between inside- and outside-the-box innovation; each one needs its own specific management process.
3. The main roles of the innovation manager are managing the innovation funnel, executing the innovation strategy and optimising the value of the innovation portfolio.
4. Entrepreneurship is the key resource in innovation and the right conditions have to be created for it to flourish in large companies.
5. The value of innovation can be assessed as an option value and in creating intellectual capital for the company.
6. Integrating sustainable development in the innovation process requires changes in the management process, in the assessment and valuation of innovation, and in the interaction with the stakeholders.
#65533; Extremely practical book, based on hands-on experience and written to a high academic standard.
#65533; Provides unique and novel perspectives into the innovation process.
#65533; One of only a few titles that discuss how to manage the innovation process.
PUBLICATION DATE: 5/8/2004
CATEGORY: Business & Economics