Instructions for Sports Medicine Patients | 2nd Edition
AUTHOR: Safran, Marc and Zachazewski, James E.
PUBLISHER: Elsevier - Health Sciences Division
Also available at Amazon.com
Instructions for Sports Medicine Patients provides step-by-step guidance for your patients to save time and eliminate the risk of miscommunication. Marc Safran and James E. Zachazewski present the combined perspectives of both an orthopaedic sports medicine physician and a physical therapist for a balanced approach to therapeutic practices. The updated second edition covers additional topics so that you stay current and have the best treatment options at your fingertips. You'll have over 300 rehabilitation exercises with detailed drawings and descriptions, all downloadable from www.expertconsult.com. Ensure that your patients comply with therapeutic instructions and recover more quickly from chronic ankle instability, tennis elbow, and more.
- Access the fully searchable contents on CD, along with all topics printable as PDFs for fast and easy access to the instructions you need.
- Provide over 300 rehabilitation exercises with detailed drawings and descriptions that are easy for the patient to follow at home.
- Customize patient handouts with special instructions through an adaptable notes area.
- Benefit from the perspectives of an orthopedic sports medicine physician and a physical therapist for balanced guidelines for the patient to follow.
- Stay at the forefront of therapy and practice with coverage of additional new topics-flexor hallucis longus tendonitis, hip labral tear, femoroacetabular impingement, ligamentum teres tear, hip instability, stiff (frozen) shoulder, hip arthroscopy SLAP lesion, Bennett lesion, thrower's shoulder, exercise with a joint replacement (arthroplasty), trochanteric bursitis, and viscosupplementation.
- Save time in finding the right treatment using an expanded table of contents that references both the common and scientific names of each condition.
- Help your patients understand instructions thanks to material at a 6th grade reading level for easy comprehension.
PUBLICATION DATE: 9/6/2011