Introducing Microsoft Office Infopath 2003
AUTHOR: Bunch, Acey and Jennings, Roger
PUBLISHER: Microsoft Press
Also available at Amazon.com
Explore InfoPath 2003--and transform the way you manage business information and deliver results! This guide expertly reviews InfoPath features and capabilities--including the latest updates from Microsoft Office Service Pack 1--demonstrating how to create easy-to-use forms to capture data from spreadsheets, text files, databases, XML Web Services, and even e-mail in reusable XML format. Whether you're streamlining your invoicing system, managing performance appraisals, or collecting feedback from users or customers, you'll discover how to quickly connect the people and information you need--with no XML expertise or advanced programming required.Covers Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 1!
Discover how to:
- Use InfoPath forms to capture and validate user input--without writing code
- Design form features, from basic controls and views to digital signing options
- Send forms to shared servers, websites, form libraries, or e-mail
- Easily reuse captured XML data in other applications, such as Microsoft Word or Excel
- Develop front-end forms that interoperate with back-end databases such as Microsoft SQL Server and with Web Services
- Use your programming skills to customize forms with the InfoPath 2003 Toolkit for Visual Studio .NET
- Generate special purpose XML documents, such as Really Simple Syndication (RSS) 2.0 filesGet ready-to-use InfoPath forms on CD!
- Sample InfoPath business forms to adapt for your own use
- Files for all the book's examples
- Fully searchable electronic version of the book
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
PUBLICATION DATE: 6/9/2004