Introduction to Health Physics | 4th Edition
AUTHOR: Cember, Herman and Johnson, Thomas E.
PUBLISHER: McGraw-Hill Education
Also available at Amazon.com
A dynamic, all-inclusive overview of the field of health physics
A Doody's Core Title for 2011!
If it's an important topic in the field of health physics, you'll find it in this trusted text . . . in sections on physical principles, atomic and nuclear structure, radioactivity, biological effects of radiation, and instrumentation. This one-of-a-kind guide spans the entire scope of the field and offers a problem-solving approach that will serve you throughout your career.
- A thorough overview of need-to-know topics, from a review of physical principles to a useful look at the interaction of radiation with matter
- More than 380 "Homework Problems" and 175+ "Example Problems"
- Essential background material on quantitative risk assessment for radiation exposure
- Authoritative radiation safety and environmental health coverage that supports the International Commission on Radiological Protection's standards for specific populations
- High-yield appendices to expand your comprehension of chapter material
- NEW! Essential coverage of non-ionizing radiation, lasers and microwaves, computer use in dose calculation, and dose limit recommendations
PUBLICATION DATE: 8/15/2008
CATEGORY: Medical, Technology & Engineering