Introduction to Leadership | 2nd Edition
Concepts and Practice
AUTHOR: Northouse, Peter G.
PUBLISHER: SAGE Publications, Incorporated
Also available at Amazon.com
This new Second Edition is also available in an interactive ebook format as well as the traditional printed text. Click here to find out more and to take a demo of the e-book!
Three interactive components in every chapter: self-assessment questionnaires, observational exercises, and reflection and action worksheets get readers actively involved in applying leadership concepts to their own lives. Grounded in leadership theory, yet accessible and reader-friendly, this book covers a fundamental aspect of leadership in each chapter and illustrates its application in real leadership situations. A final chapter discusses the key topic of ethics in leadership.
Key features of the Second Edition
- Looks at one quality of leadership per chapter, making it easier for readers to understand and apply material to their own lives
- Uses examples and case studies to illustrate each fundamental aspect of leadership (creating a vision, listening to out-group members, and overcoming obstacles, for example)
- Encourages readers to complete a Self-Assessment Questionnaire before reading each chapter to explore their own leadership styles and preferences
- Guides readers in examining behaviours of leaders from their own lives through each chapter's Observational Exercise
- Includes Reflection and Action Worksheets that encourage readers to reflect upon their own leadership styles and identify an action plan for improving their leadership skills.
PUBLICATION DATE: 4/4/2011
CATEGORY: Business & Economics